Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Locks of Love!

Locks of Love is such a cool organization. People send in their hair and they make wigs and extensions with them for cancer patients. If my hair grew I would love to do donate. But my hair takes forever to grow and will never be long enough. I just know it.

I have always wanted to cut someones hair who is donating it. I love the program and I just think it would be so much fun to cut that much hair at once! Today was my lucky day. A girl at my school had been given a client but was unable to do the cut. She was in the middle of a test and asked if I could take it since I was done with my perm. At first I really did not want to do the cut. I had just done a perm and was about to clean up, but I knew I had to, and I am so glad that I did!

Jillian came in and told me that she wanted to cut about 10' off. Her hair was so long I could not believe it! I made sure she wanted to cut that much off and then showed her how much it would be. She was certain she wanted it off. Then I suggested donating it to Locks of Love and explained to her what it was. She was all for it and I was thrilled!



Is her hair not extremely long!! I could not believe how long it was and was so excited to cut it!! I braided the hair and snipped it right off. I held it up for her to see and she just started laughing, so then I started laughing. I had so much fun cutting her hair. She was such a cute girl. I found out that she is going to the middle school that I attended. I asked her if the few teachers that I remembered were still working there. Only a few were still there. Boy did that make me feel old!



Look how short we took it!!


I thought she looked so cute with the short hair, and so grow up.


Here is Jillian with her hair. We took off a lot of it! I just love her new hair cut, short and simple! Thanks Jillian for letting me cut your hair, I had so much fun with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment