Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Color!!




Today at school my friend Katie was ready for a change. We had colored her hair before and took it a dark violet color that was so pretty! We loved that color but it was starting to fade and she wanted a change. She wanted to be lighter but not go blonde, just a light brown color. I was really excited but there was a slight problem. Color does not lift color, and since she had color on her hair I thought we would have to remove it and  I was not looking forward to that. But then I learned that we have one color line at my school that has a few colors that will lift color! I was so excited and could not believe it. So we found a color that she wanted and mixed it up. My instructor sprinkled a little bleach in there just to lighten it even more. I had never thought of that before. You learn something everyday!


I spaced taking a before picture... as always. But thanks to Facebook I have one! This is a before picture of Katie. She looks like a model!

To get her new color we first had to retouch her original color that had started to grow out. My instructor loves to do this when ever she does weave. She always does color over color. I am not a huge fan of this because it never works out for me, and I really don't think you need to all the time. But I did what she said and we retouched her color and then weaved her brown over her color. It was hard the first time I did color over color, but I'm getting used to it. So once the retouch was on the brown was weaved in and this is what we got!







Her color turned out so pretty! I loved it! And doesn't she have a cute A-Line. She is growing it out right now and I wish her luck with that!

Today I also did my first little kid hair cut!! I have always been so nervous to do a kid because they move so much and its just scary! Today I had to overcome that fear.

Hannah was the cutest little 5 year old. I just loved her. She had a really hard time holding still but was so fun to talk to. I learned all about her sister and how Cinderella is her favorite movie and she watches it everyday. She reminded me of my niece...maybe thats why I loved her so much.

Her mom wanted a lot taken off her her hair. I took off about 5in and gave her a cute bob with a slight A Line. It was a little difficult to do with her moving but I was able to do it! I was so proud of myself. I finished her cut and moved on to trim her bangs. She told me that bangs were her favorite and she couldn't stop smiling while I was cutting and styling them. She was so cute! I pulled out my blow dryer to finish her hair and she told me "The sun dries my hair". She would not let my dry it. Come to find out she is a little afraid of the dryer. I felt so bad for pulling it out!

I'm sorry, I don't have any pictures. I know I'm lame. I need to start taking pictures of my cuts!! But I felt a little weird taking a picture of her without her mom's permission. But next time I do a cut, I promise I will take some pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment