Friday, May 27, 2011

Sleepers.

Today I had a client come in for a partial weave with paint betweens. Her color card confused me so I was a little unsure of what I needed to do. 20 minutes after her scheduled time she came in. I consulted with her on what she wanted to do. She told me she wanted more contrast in her colors and wanted a strippy look, and wanted white and black colors like a zebra. This took me back since she was an older lady and looked pretty conservative.

I decided to do slices instead of weaves to give her the chunky look. As I went to mix my color I recruited my friend Tamera to help me out. I was short on time and knew this would be tricky. My client had extremly short hair on the sides and back and was difficult to slice. I started to part her off to start the color when she started doozing off. This wasn't a slight dooze, her head was rocking back and forth in every direction! I had the hardest time with the slices. Her head was constantly moving and so my foils kept moving. At some points I was bent over sideways trying to get the foils in the proper place.  It was so difficult and my foils kept slipping. Everytime she would jerk her head they would slip more and more. Tamera and I could not belive it.  We started helping each other out by holding up the head while the one was doing foils. We would also start laughing so hard that we would have to turn away or just walk away. It was unreal how much her head was jerking around while she was doozing off.

The color took way longer then it should have due to her extremly short hair and moving head. When we finally got it done we let the colors process. This is when she decieds to wake up and read a book. Why couldn't she have done that when we were working on her hair?! Once the color was fully processed I took her over to rinse her out. The color looked pretty good. It wasn't my stlye but she loved it! It was very strippy and had a lot of contrast. There was a few foils that bleed, but I knew that was going to happen, and lucky for me it just added to the contrast she wanted!

This was an extremely hard color for me to do. She was late, sleeping, had short hair, and did a style I am not a fan of. But in the end it looked great and I learned a lot from it.  Just please, next time you go and get your hair done STAY AWAKE!! I'm lucky my color turned out, I was extremly nervous to see what was going to happen with the slipping and bleeding. You might not be so lucky with your hair, so stay awake and keep your head stil. Thanks we would all appreciate it.

1 comment:

  1. I got your message on FB. I will make an appointment ASAP! Steven won't let me do color because of the baby bump but I'll still get a style. I'm in need of a cut so bad! Is it hard to do someones hair when it's something your not a fan of? I would want to talk them out of it! Guess that is why I am not doing what you do. I would have a hard time being sensitive to the sleeping weirdos.

    ReplyDelete