Wednesday, May 25, 2011

School really can be fun!

I am in my third semester of school and loving it! I just love doing hair. I have always been intrested in it but never did anything about it. I am regreting that now and wished I would have started earlier so I could really enjoy it and be able to use my skills. If everything goes to plan I will be done with school in a year and I will be able to work in a salon for a year and a half to a year before moving away for my husbands grad school.  As much as I want it to work that way I knew that things never go as planned, so I am just taking it one day at a time.

It is my second semester out on the floor working with real peoples hair! No more mannequins! I am loving doing peoples hair. Not just because it is fun, but I love to talk to new people all the time and get to know them in that short time they are in my chair. Sometimes it slows me down because I start talking to much to them. I need to work on multi tasking!

I feel like I am doing pretty well and really understanding everything. My instructors also feel that way. They always have positive things to say to me and are really pleased with my work. I have some amazing instructors that have taught me so much. Everyday of the week the instructors change so I get to learn from so many different ladies. I love that! Everyone does things different and it is so nice to see all the ways people do it and see what works for you, or get inspired to come up with your own way. I have loved learning from them and have learned so much. Everyday I pick up something new.

My sister does hair and has been doing my hair for as long as I can remember. I have learned so much from watching her and asking her questions. When I was in high school I got a receptionist job at her salon. That job was so much fun and I have realized that is how I knew so much when I started school. When we would be learning about color I already knew most of it but also learned a lot. When I worked at the salon I got to observe many stylist work on clients and could see how they did things. I would also help them mix color and listen to them explain why wanted to do that formula of color. They taught me so much and really prepared me for school. I am so glad that I was able to to work there and really see what stylist do everyday and what its like working in a salon. I can't wait to work in a salon!

I have also loved school for the friends I have made. I have met some great women and have had so much fun with them. Its just a cherry on top that there are such great girls there. We have so much fun and are always helping each other.  As much as I want to be done with school and start working I will miss seeing those girls everyday. I just hope when I graduate and start working that I will work in a great and fun salon.

1 comment:

  1. You should do my hair! What day would work best for you??

    ReplyDelete