Friday, September 23, 2011

I'm still doing hair!

I know I have been a way for a little bit. I have been busy with school and work and just life in general. School is going great and I am loving every minute of it! I will be done at the end of April and I can't wait!! I'm so excited to be in a salon and out on my own. I am scared to death of it, but so excited!

I have been pretty busy at school. I am currently on the barbing side and really enjoying it. I have been over there for awhile and I really started to miss doing womens hair. I love coloring, cutting, and styling womens hair. Its so fun!! Luckily I had a chance to do all three while I have been in barbering. My friend at school wanted to retouch her color and I jumped at the chance to do it. I love doing color and had so much fun!!  I was also lucky enough to do some up-do's and a dramatic haircut!!!

Three of my friends were asked to be in a fashion show for a local store that sells wedding dresses and formals. They were told to have their hair and make up done for the show. They asked me the day of if I could help them out and I was so excited. Up-Do's are something I need work on and something I don't get a lot of chances to do. We were camping when I found out and realized I would not have much time to do their hair. I got home and rushed to their place. I had 1 hour to do 3 up-do's and hopefully some make up. I hour is not a long time to do 3 up-do's. 1 up-do could take me an hour, so I was a little nervous. I did it!! I got all 3 done in an hour. I didn't have enough time to do some make up and I was a little sad. I love doing my make up and playing around with it. But hey, I got all the hair done!! The up-do's were not as smooth and neat as they would have been if I had more time, but I think I did a pretty good job!!



They were very simple but so much fun!! I wish I had more pictures to show. I forgot to bring my camera and they only had a few. But here is a glimpse!


My friend Ashley has the best hair in the world!! I have always been jealous of her natural color, shine, and length of her hair. She came in about a month and a half ago for a trim and told me that she wanted to donate her hair to Locks of Love. I could not believe it! I have known her since seventh grade and she has always had long hair. But I was not against cutting it all off!! That is so much fun to do so yes, I encouraged it! She told me it be in a while and she would start looking at some pictures. She was ready a lot sooner then I thought she would be. She found some great style's and was ready for a change.



Her hair is so pretty!



Snip, snip, snip!!


Yes I am very consentrated.


Look how cute she is with short hair!!


I love how many layers and piecy we did it. I was able to razor it like crazy and had so much fun with it! I love the razor and wish I got to use it more. Such a fun cut for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment